Thursday, November 11, 2010

Links that have to do with my career/life goals.

I am a blog follower. My RSS feed is enormous (right now, 300 unread posts from just today, and counting). Many of these blogs I follow have to do with my chosen career (graphic design), and many have to do with what I'd like to do along with that (wedding/love photography and planning, general photography, interior design, art).

Graphic-Exchange

Created by graphic designer who lives in the country of southern France (yes, I hate him), this is the best collection of everything beautiful in graphic design, interior design, and photography, that I have ever seen.

ffffound

This incredibly prolific blog only posts single images with no description and only a link to the source site. I have discovered many good images and blogs through ffffound.

100 Layer Cake

The wedding blog that started my unhealthy, obsessive love of all things wedding blog.

HOW blog

Don't really like this blog, but this magazine is one of the premier graphic design mags out there. I like Communication Arts magazine better, but their blog sucks even more.

Design Work Life

Design Sponge

The above two blogs are similar. Lots of cutesy design inspiration, as well as nice interiors, clothing, whatever suits their fancy. It happens to be that their fancy is similar to mine.

Dieline

I don't think that I will ever go into package design as a final career, but it's a fallback option and, let's face it, I'll go wherever I can get hired. But package design is a lot of fun, and this site is a collection of the best design out there. (However, I notice that all the awesomely designed stuff is not held in any store I have ever been to. Must be hoity-toity exclusive brands.)

No comments:

Post a Comment