Thursday, November 11, 2010

Emma Watson.
















Harry Potter is a defining feature of my childhood. Yes, I stood in line for those last 3 books at their midnight releases at my local bookstore. Yes, I have already purchased tickets for the first installment of the last movie (Coming out A WEEK from tonight!!!!!!) Perhaps it's odd to define oneself by the fiction one reads. But I have always been quite a bit odd.

Moving on, Emma Watson has grown up in the spotlight as Hermione Granger. Yes, I am actually enough in touch with reality that I know to separate the two. But I have grown to respect Watson as an actress and as a person. Not only has she been an integral part of the visualization of my favorite book series, but she has branched out besides that as well. The later picture of her is from an Italian Vogue spread done a couple of years ago in which the entire fashion/celebrity world went, "whoa! She's grown up! What a fashionable young woman!" She has gone on to be a face of Burberry and is know for her forays into the fashion world. I also respect what she did when filming Harry Potter wrapped, even though the fashion world went bonkers: cut her hair all off. She had been under contract to never cut her hair for a decade, and now that she can do it, she did! She also goes to Brown University, and I respect any star that values education above fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment