Tuesday, December 7, 2010

RSA animate videos

I very much enjoyed the video watched during the last day of class. As interesting and illuminating as his argument was (and it was!), what struck me was the method of delivery. I very much agreed with a comment made on the youtube video.

"I think the genius in this vid is not necessary just the idea but also how it approaches our generation visually. I mean if this was in a lecture set up with one guy talking, how many people would still watch it. It's really interesting how visual our country has become and really makes me think about how we are changing."

This alludes to a previous discussion on the lack of attention span of today's generation. It is absolutely true that in order for many of today's video consumers to pay attention to anything, especially rhetorical argument, one must utilize visual techniques, and humor. RSA animate does exactly that, in an incredibly expert way. It is what I hope to do in my career: marry previously defined style and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment